This assignment, you must read and analyze a Case Study about a major project to transform
safety, quality of care, and the patient experience at the Virginia Mason Medical Center in
Seattle, Washington. Dr. Gary Kaplan, the CEO of Virginia Mason, led the implementation of
the new management system, which was based on the Toyota Production System (TPS) – Lean
model. The new system was named the Virginia Mason Production System (VMPS).
In the paper, we will evaluate and analyze the challenges faced by Virginia Mason, assess the
advantages and disadvantages of the new approach, and describe the impact of VMPS on
patient services and the patient experience at Virginia Mason.
Follow all instructions as it asks you. Do not deviate.
Write a 6-to-8-page paper that analyzes the Virginia Mason Case Study.
Be sure to answer the questions below in your paper:
1. Describe two key challenges Dr. Kaplan faced in implementing VMPS at Virginia Mason.
Name two actions taken to overcome those challenges and implement the new system.
2. Articulate the value proposition guiding the decision to implement VMPS. Describe at
least two ways in which this approach adds value to patient services. Be specific with
your examples and justify your choices.
3. Identify and describe an unintended consequence of this effort – i.e., an outcome that
was not intended or foreseen. Was this consequence positive or negative?
4. In what ways was the new management system designed to improve the patient
experience? How far was VMPS successful in achieving this goal?
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins
on all sides.
• Include a Cover page containing the assignment title, student’s name, professor’s name,
course title, and date.
• Citations and references must follow the formatting instructions found in the JWMI
Writing Standards Guide. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Note: The Cover and References pages are not included in the required page length.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25